Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Not enough hours for all these crafts

I think when I get to heaven - and I've been there for a long, long time and we finally get to the point where we can do all the things that give us joy I think that I will be doing crafts! (granted I have no idea how long that will take - and this is totally not according to the Bible!!) There just is not enough time in the day to do all I want to do... and not only that - I need to learn a few things before I can actually do some of the crafts I want to do.

I must have some type of "create" gene in me... that just seems to be all I want to do. And I've always been this way! I can remember as a small child I was always making and creating... I was fortunate to grow up for the first several years in a neighborhood where the moms all stayed home and all the kids put on carnivals, plays and sell stuff on the corner! Those were the days! I guess that is where I got my love of acting. And then there was making stuff! One of my most favorite books was a thick hard cover book with a yellow cover. I still have this book although I can't remember what the name is. But - I'll look later. I've been meaning to look through it - it's a craft book with all types of crafts that kids did in the 50's & 60's. Yes - I am from that genre!! I loved that book and made things in that book for almost my whole life, but I haven't looked at it since the girls were younger - so it's time to get it out and see if there is anything to revive.

Here is stuff I would love to share with you today - here goes!

Have you seen this!! This is something that I would have actually skipped about my room if I had seen this when I was 5!! And really - when I saw this I did a little mental skipping about!! How unbelievably fun!!! Make your own Hermes purse! You'll need to click on this little picture when you're on their site to get to it though!! If you have a little girl - or are a little girl at heart - make one for yourself!
Beautiful yarn!! I will buy some but I'm putting it on my wish list first - and I'll share what my wish list is all about tomorrow. Argosy Luxury Yarns
Have you seen this yarn? Sounds gorgeous! I'm going to order a skein or two and I'll let you know what I think - but check it out: I wish I could show you a picture of this stuff!
Just one type they carry - look at the make up of this!
Jo Jo 80% Extra fine Merino, 10% Cashmere, 10% Angora, DK Weight, Approx. 200 yards, Needle # 5-7$13.00 per skein
YUMMMM!
Really wonderful graphic ornaments - Briar Press

You can join for free and download over 500 various ornaments for scrapbooking, digital graphics or for whatever craft you have in mind! And I have a few I want to use!!

And to finish this off - I found another site that has some great super cool ideas - Curbly.
On Curbly you'll find crafty ideas and all kinds of stuff to add to you Wists or to an actual Wish list. Remember - tomorrow I'll clue you in on that! I might even put the brand new gift from Shmoop to use!!


Here's a great quote for today: The only people who find what they are looking for in life are the fault finders. - Foster's Law

This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.
1 John 4:10


No comments: