Wednesday, May 30, 2007

What I think when I can't sleep...

I know that everyone is just dying to know what I think about when I can't sleep... which is just about every night. Last night I actually fell asleep at a reasonable time - 1:00 am... but then I woke up about 3 am... ugh... Hate That!! So I prayed for awhile.. prayed for the family, my prayer partner... things that have been bugging me... and then I fell back asleep - for about a whole 1/2 hour!!! Ugh... so when I woke up again about 4 am I thought about an email that my daughter had sent me about what things people would be surprised to know about you. So - here is my list... the list that I thought of when I should have been sleeping!!

A) Four jobs I have had in my life:
1. Largescale balloon designer - one of my favorite jobs!
2. Event Coordinator – a great time in my life

3. Funeral Director – my absolute favorite job!!
4. Business Developer for A/E/C industry

B) Four movies you would watch over and over:
1. Very Bad Things – A very guilty pleasure
2. Drop Dead Gorgeous – too fun
3. Fried Green Tomatoes – an all around great “chick” flick
4. The Breakfast Club – need I say more?

C) Four places you have lived:
1. California - forever
2. Oregon – for a month or so
3.
4.

D) Four TV Shows that I watch
1. The Office – Love it!!
2. Cops – Love it even though I shouldn’t!
3. Anything on Court TV – can’t get enough of true crime!
4. Dirt – like watching a car accident! You shouldn’t – but you do!

E) Four places you have been on vacation:
1. Las Vegas
2. Hawaii – when I was much younger
3. Chicago
4. Road trip across country – with my shmoop!! Not in order! Florida, Texas, Alabama, Arizona (incl. the Grand Canyon), Oklahoma (saw the OK City bombing site), Louisiana (incl. New Orleans), Mississippi, New Mexico

F) People who e-mail me (regularly)
1. Shmoop
2. Tiffy
3. Natalie
4. my boss

G) Four of my favorite foods:
1. Sugar – anything sweet and bad for me!!
2. Pizza – mmmm – love the pizza
3. Artichokes – dipped in a mix of mayo & miracle whip!
4. Tacos – homemade – or from somewhere that makes them good!

H) Four places I would rather be right now:
1. Heaven!!! – praising the Lord!!
2. Anywhere knitting or at a yarn store – talk about great!!!

3. Home with shmoop watching a movie and playing toesies – so relaxing and I can knit at the same time!
4. With my kids – cause we laugh and laugh!!!

So - there you go!! Now you know what I was thinking about when I should have been fast asleep... I promise not to bore everyone, (all my millions and millions of readers!!) with my nightly think-a-thons!

On the knitting update! I finished knitting a darling little purple caftan for a co-workers baby. I am blocking it and then I'll seam it up! I'm thinking of adding a hood to it - but I'm tempted to knit a bonnet instead... a bonnet might get more use... and I want them to show off my knitting constantly - I mean - I want them to get a lot of use out of whatever I knit!

I also cast on and was knitting the The Perfect Periwinkle Turtleneck Tube Vest from the book Fitted Knits - but decided that to make a wool sweater for summer was NUTS!!! So I've put that on hold. I mean really, I can't stand it when the weather is over 70 and I'm thinking of wearing a wool sweater??? It doesn't have sleeves... but did you see the title? TURTLEneck!!! What was I thinking??? Even though I had decided to knit the neck part only 2" - 3" instead of 5... still - when it's a million degrees out - and anything over 80 is a million degrees to me - I could not wear wool!!! Sooooo - into the "Someday I'll Finish This" container- it went.

Last night I cast on for the Drop Stitch Lace Tank instead - from the same book. And it's really going along nicely!! I think it will be a fun knit and hopefully won't take too long, and hopefully I won't get bored and throw it into the "Someday I'll Finish This" container.

Thought for the day:
There are days when you don't have a song in your heart. Sing anyway!! - Emory Austin

No comments: